Licensing a Patent, Trademark, or Copyright
Copyright Lawyer Charlottesville, V
Do you need to speak with a licensing and copyright lawyer Charlottesville, VA residents trust? Call Dale Jensen, PLC for a consultation.
When you license a patent, trademark, or copyright, only the property is intangible by nature. As the licensor, you are giving the licensee the right to use your intellectual property in accordance to the limitations laid out in the license agreement. In return you will likely be given royalties or a flat fee for use.
Before You Approach an Potential Licensee
The process for licensing any piece of intellectual property usually begins with a legal confidentiality agreement that protects the IP from disclosure or use by the prospective licensee unless an agreement is made by further consideration of the licensor. This step is very important and should be carefully overseen by an intellectual property and copyright lawyer serving Charlottesville, VA to ensure your trademark, patent, or copyright is not infringed upon.
Why License Intellectual Property
There are a broad range of reasons to license any form of intellectual property; these include:
- You avoid manufacturing or distribution costs
- It’s an easy option that may allow you to get the most out of your creation
- You can launch your product faster
- You reduce your risk by sharing it with the licensee
- You gain a competitive edge over your competition
- You retain the right to profit from your IP
Apart from the advantages of licensing your IP above, a license can also help to resolve a patent, trademark, or copyright dispute. An intellectual property and copyright lawyer in Charlottesville, VA can go over the advantages and disadvantage of licensing your specific invention so that you better understand your options.
What a Licensing Lawyer Can Do For You & Why Choose Dale Jensen, PLC
Before you agree to allowing another party to license your intellectual property, make sure to consult a Charlottesville, VA copyright lawyer first. By doing so you can ensure your rights and IP is protected to the fullest, and furthermore that the legal agreements are drawn up correctly. When you retain an intellectual property lawyer from Dale Jensen, PLC, you can feel confident in knowing that we will:
- Give you honest legal advice
- Maintain regular communication
- Provide you with different options tailored to your needs
- Review all of your legal documentation
- Attend any mediation or court hearings should they arise
- Protect all of your interests
Our services include:
- Drafting confidentiality agreements
- Identify and investigation any areas of use for potential IP licensing
- Provide you with advice concerning rates and royalties
- Draft license agreements for different areas of use
- Identify and investigate any prospective licensees
- Conduct investigations for owners who believe infringement is taking place
- Negotiate agreements and licenses
In addition to our licensing services, as intellectual property lawyers, we can help you to:
- File for a patent, copyright, or trademark
- Handle litigation or prosecution cases
- Anticipate scrutiny that other parties might use in litigation
When you work with Dale Jensen, PLC, you will receive personal attention and direct involvement from our IP lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff. Whether you would like to begin making arrangements to license your intellectual property to another party, or file for a patent, trademark, or copyright, we can help. Call a licensing and copyright lawyer Charlottesville, VA counts on with Dale Jensen, PLC now.