The Law Office of Dale Jensen, PLC – Intellectual Property Law Scholarship
In order to support the invigoration of the intellectual property legal field with new talent and to facilitate passionate advocacy on behalf of inventors, creators, artists, and innovative businesses, The Law Office of Dale Jensen, PLC proudly announces its sponsorship of a new scholarship opportunity. The Jensen intellectual property law scholarship application process is now open to those interested in pursuing educational opportunities grounded in the study of intellectual property law.
Bill Gates once observed that “Intellectual property has the shelf life of a banana.” While this observation is usually hyperbolic, there is no question that intellectual property rights are a time-sensitive matter, due in no small part to the rapid pace of technological, artistic, and practical innovation in the U.S. at this time in history. To foster passionate engagement in the study of intellectual property law, our firm has created a scholarship for students who are either currently enrolled in an undergraduate or advanced degree program or who plan to enroll in a degree-granting program that promotes opportunities to study intellectual property law in depth. In order to contribute to this rapidly evolving area of law, one must always be learning about what the law says and how it is practically applied. It is our firm’s great honor to assist those who are interested in pursuing education on this subject.
The Law Office of Dale Jensen, PLC will be awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a Junior/Senior in high school, and to a student pursuing college or an advanced degree of any type. Those awarded these scholarships must meet the eligibility and selection criteria outlined below.
Eligibility and Scholarship Selection Criteria
To be considered, applicants must demonstrate that their experience fulfills the following eligibility requirements and selection criteria:
- This scholarship is offered to high school Juniors and Seniors, as well as any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in studying intellectual property law. This interest may be demonstrated by relevant life experiences, past and/or present volunteer experiences, educational experiences, and/or professional experience.
- The scholarship candidate must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
Please note that the scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, room and board, books, and/or other fees, at the high school, community college, undergraduate, or graduate program where the student is currently enrolled or will eventually be enrolled, provided that the program in question is accredited and located within the United States.
Scholarship Application Requirements
To be considered for this scholarship, please submit the following documentation:
- A current resume
- A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s high school, college, or university.
- An essay (1,000 word limit) responding to one of these prompts:
- In April of 2021, a group of U.S. Senators called upon President Biden to (temporarily) “prioritize people over pharmaceutical company profits” by lifting certain intellectual property barriers in order to allow non-IP holding manufacturers to make more vaccines. They submitted this plea in an effort to temporarily aid poor countries that have struggled to obtain enough vaccines to protect their populations. Is lifting intellectual property rights ever justified? Why or why not?
- Discuss your thoughts in regards to the emerging debate concerning the rights of NFT owners and the rights of artists/creators who produce the underlying work tied to any given NFT owner’s digital asset(s).
- What inspires you to study intellectual property and what do you plan to do after pursuing further study of this area of law?
- The Law Office of Dale Jensen, PLC Intellectual Property Focus Scholarship winners will be announced in January of 2022.
Scholarship Application Instructions
Scholarship applicants should submit required documentation via email to email@example.com. The official submission deadline for all application materials is December 31, 2021.