Trademark Infringement Lawyer in Charlottesville, VA
Protect Your Trademark Against Infringement With A Trademark Infringement Lawyer Serving Charlottesville, VA
Today it is critical that you protect your intellectual property. Whether it is a trademark, copyright, or patent, your IP identifies and differentiates your brand and business from your competition. As your innovative asset, and your mark, it is prudent that you research and protect it to ensure a strong business foundation and a successful future. To learn more from an experienced trademark infringement lawyer in Charlottesville, VA, call Dale Jensen, PLC.
Why You Should Register Your Trademark
There are a number of reasons to register your trademark. These include:
- You retain exclusive ownership rights of your trademark
- Constructive notice of your exclusive ownership rights in the U.S.
- The right to use “®”; a federal registration
- You gain a basis for registering your mark in other countries
- Your trademark is incontestable after five years
- You have the right to sue in a federal U.S. court
- You can seek damages for an infringement of your trademark
- You can recover legal fees should a dispute arise
- If an infringement abroad occurs, you may prevent importation of the product into the U.S.
The process for registering a trademark can be time-consuming and confusing. It is more than submitting an application to the USPTO, waiting a short while, and getting confirmation of your registration. There can be unexpected hurdles and many twists or turns to navigate and without legal knowledge, of the help of a good Charlottesville, VA trademark infringement lawyer, you could incur high costs and detrimental delays. Although you are not obliged to register a trademark, you should consider doing so as soon as possible if you are serious about building and protecting your business. The lawyers at Dale Jensen, PLC can help you every step of the way ensuring you get the results you are looking for as quickly as possible.
Why Dale Jensen, PLC
As intellectual property and trademark infringement lawyers for Charlottesville, VA, we know that a trademark can bring significant value to your business. It is our goal to help you gain control of these assets. When you choose us, you can feel confident in knowing that we are:
- Good at what we do, and have a track record with the USPTO to prove it
- Focused on businesses of all types and sizes
- Ready to help clients budget their funds effectively
- Guided by many years of experience
- Focused on intellectual property matters
- Equipped with a solid team of lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff
Our Services Include
- Provide advice on what may qualify as trademark use under U.S. law
- Discuss with you any necessary documentation to establish trademark rights
- Assist in all facets of the trademark application process
- Handle infringement, litigation, and prosecution matters
- Coordinate foreign trademark prosecution
- Establish trademark holding companies
- Prepare related trademark licensing agreements
- Negotiate trademark license agreements
- Advise clients on trademark opposition
- Counsel clients on how to protect their brand online
- Represent clients in federal court as a plaintiff or defendant
- Maintain the trademark registration
- Purchase a trademark for sale
We can also help you with copyrights, patents, and business formation. To learn more about trademarks and connect with a tenacious trademark infringement lawyer Charlottesville, VA relies on, please call for a consultation!